Sunday, August 8, 2010

As some of you may know my aunt died on June 20. It was a surprise to all of us. So this is basicly a couple paragraphs on what loss really is.

Something that surrised me was that your days and how you feel are never really consistent. Maybe a week after and you will be sobbing one day and the next day you are fine. When you are not okay make sure you tell someone and if you feel you need help from a pro then you're right go get help.

Me and my mom would stay up later than everyone else to look at the facebook comments or really just work on her funeral. We would ask each other how we did that day and if we cried or not.

For the first week the whole family would get together for dinner everynight eating all the dinners that people brought over. We called all the dinners hugs.

All of us decided we should get out of here for the holidays to make sure we weren't paying attention to the seat that wasn't filled. We have made sure to remember her as much s we can over the holidays even if it makes us cry.

Thanks,
SJ

1 comment:

  1. SarahJane,
    Always know that you have an amazing Angel watching over you. Aunt Cathy will always be with you; talk to her and I'm sure there will be times in your life where you will hear her whispering back to you. As an Aunt myself, I know how special that first niece is, especially if you are the youngest in the family as Cathy and I both are. Aunt Cathy was so amazingly proud of the young lady you have become. I know because we would talk about the things you were doing - the spelling bee, OM, your science project. You make us all proud SJ! :-)
    You give that Mom of yours a big hug from me, okay?
    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete